Let's just get this out of the way right now, for the record: I have never been wrong.I have, however, been slightly mistaken.
449 stories
·
1 follower

Hardy: ‘I want to be the great American heavyweight’

1 Comment

Greg Hardy is setting grand plans for himself, in terms of his mixed martial arts career.

With three TKO wins in his recently started professional MMA career, Greg Hardy will aim to prove himself in front of a bigger audience this weekend when he faces Allen Crowder. But apparently, the former Dallas Cowboys defensive end has grand plans for himself.

“Honestly, at this point we’re going to fight, we’re going to look for that UFC heavyweight belt,” Hardy told MMAjunkie on in a pre-fight interview. “We’re going to go for the Zuffa Boxing title, the WBC (title). I want to be the great American heavyweight. I want to be the fighting heavyweight of the world. America needs one of those, and I can be that guy for them.”

The 30-year-old American Top Team fighter may have found his fair share of success with a strong start in MMA, but his name and reputation remains adhered to his domestic violence case in 2014. But at this point, Hardy says he is beginning to learn to just let go of things he is unable to control.

“Regardless of who you are and what you do, there’s going to be people that hate you. You’re going to have to deal with things,” he said. “These are just my burdens and my downfalls.

“It’s what I have to deal with. It doesn’t bother me, and it’s something I want to face head-on.”

Hardy and Crowder will co-headline Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 1 card slated for the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Read the whole story
TheUnchosenOne
17 hours ago
reply
Oh this is going to be good
Madison, WI
Share this story
Delete

UFC dual champ Amanda Nunes 'done with 145,' tells Cris Cyborg to fight Kayla Harrison

1 Comment

Amanda Nunes claims she won’t be granting a rematch to Cris Cyborg, nor does she intend on competing again at the weight where she just won a second piece of UFC gold.

Following Nunes’ (17-4 MMA, 10-1 UFC) shocking 51-second knockout of Cyborg (20-2 MMA, 5-1 UFC) at UFC 232 last month, talk of an immediate rematch between the two Brazilians began to pop. However, it was quickly shut down by “The Lioness” and UFC President Dana White.

ESPN+ Free Trial!

Nunes was the women’s bantamweight champion prior to UFC 232. She moved up in weight to challenge Cyborg for the women’s featherweight strap, and after less than a minute of chaotic action in the octagon, Nunes became the third simultaneous two-division champion in UFC history.

Cyborg has been campaigning to run it back since her 13-year unbeaten streak was brought to a halt. The fact she has just one fight left on her UFC contract complicates the situation, but Nunes seemingly has simplified it for them both after taking to social media Wednesday night and claiming there would be no second fight (via Twitter):

Sorry Cristiane but I’m done with 145. My Goal was to be a double champ. But, now I can help you build the division. I got someone for you @Judo_Kayla is a true 145er

Nunes’ suddenly firm stance comes as somewhat of a surprise. Her post was in response to an interview former UFC champ Holly Holm recently conducted with MMAjunkie expressing interest in fighting Nunes if she wins her upcoming bout at UFC 235 in March.

Although Nunes did not address a possible matchup with Holm, she did have a matchmaking idea for Cyborg in current PFL standout and two-time Olympic gold medalist Kayla Harrison (3-0), who trains alongside Nunes at American Top Team in Florida.

At the moment, a fight between Cyborg and Harrison is highly unlikely since they fight for separate organizations. However, with Cyborg’s UFC future uncertain and the Nunes rematch trending in the wrong direction, it’s difficult to gauge what the future will hold. But Nunes hinted she likes the idea of triple-champ status (via Twitter):

OKAY GUYS I’M DONE PLAYING. IM REALLY PLANNING ON GOING DOWN TO FIGHT FOR THE 125 BELT.

For more on the upcoming UFC schedule, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.





Read the whole story
TheUnchosenOne
19 hours ago
reply
Stop fucking letting people fight for a second belt
Madison, WI
Share this story
Delete

Kingdom Hearts III's Epilogue Will Be Patched In After Launch

1 Comment

The much-anticipated Kingdom Hearts III comes out on January 29, and if you plan to play it, I sure hope you have a home internet connection. Because the epilogue will be added via patch the next day.

Read more...

Read the whole story
TheUnchosenOne
6 days ago
reply
This is fucking ridiculous
Madison, WI
Share this story
Delete

Why doesn't anyone believe Anthony Smith can beat Jon Jones?

1 Comment



Download embed: http://[jwplayer%20OPPP6ZyP-FLu19iir]



Read the whole story
TheUnchosenOne
8 days ago
reply
What "from middleweight also-ran to light heavyweight title contender" tells us is that light heavyweight sucks
Madison, WI
Share this story
Delete

Rockhold: I’m moving up to 205 to get after ‘princess’ Jones

1 Comment

Former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is calling out Jon Jones.

“Just hold tight, I’m coming princess.”

Those are the words of former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, whose next fight is slated to be in the light heavyweight division. The “princess” in question is current champion Jon Jones, who won the vacant title by TKO vs. Alexander Gustafsson at last week’s UFC 232.

Rockhold spoke with TMZ about Jones’ winning performance, and how well he matches up with “Bones.”

“I thought he looked beatable,” Rockhold said (via MMA Fighting). “He’s good on the feet, he’s tactical, Jon, he adjusts and he fights to his advantages. I like my advantages versus his. He’s great, he’s good everywhere, but I don’t think he’s the most technical on the feet. I don’t think he’s got the most power.

“I’m a different man at this weight, the power behind me. I’m moving up to get after him, so that’s what I’m here for.”

Rockhold (16-4) has not fought since a KO defeat to Yoel Romero at UFC 221. He was scheduled to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 230 this past November, but withdrew due to multiple injuries, and decided that he was going to abandon middleweight and go to 205 lbs. Injuries and other health problems have plagued Rockhold’s career, hence he’s fought just three times over the past three years.

“Health-wise I’m finally back to health, it feels good to fight at my natural weight,” Rockhold said. “The last couple of years, I’ve been compromising myself to get down to ‘85 and my body just falls apart in training camp the last few weeks to get your body fat so low. I’ve never felt so bad at my last fight during the weight cut.

“So it feels right, I feel healthy, I feel comfortable, I’m excited to take down these light heavyweights. I just don’t see a lot there.”

Rockhold’s LHW debut has not been booked, although he did promise that it would be “a top fight.”

Read the whole story
TheUnchosenOne
12 days ago
reply
I like Luke but this will end poorly and hilariously
Madison, WI
Share this story
Delete

UFC renews USADA contract, expects up to 4,400 drug tests in 2019

1 Comment

The UFC’s renewed contract with USADA brings about major changes.

Since USADA’s partnership with the UFC began in 2015, the landscape of the game has changed dramatically. For one, the number of PED-related issues have significantly doubled, affecting fighters like Lyoto Machida and Chad Mendes, both of whom had no record of drug test failures in the past.

In light of the most recent controversy involving Jon Jones, the UFC announced its renewed contract with USADA. UFC Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky bared more details in a recent appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience MMA Show.

“USADA came to us and said, ‘hey, we think you should up the amount of testing that you are doing,’” Novitzy said (transcript by Fansided.com). “So, we just renewed the contract with USADA and we are increasing our testing numbers between 30 to 40 percent. Currently, the first three years of the program under contract were approximately 700 tests and starting this next year we are going to up that to around 4300-4400 tests.

“It’s going to be more of a burden, there is going to be USADA showing up at more doorsteps early in the morning for more of our athletes but I think this is a perfect example that that increased volume in the testing can actually be a protection to the athlete.”

According to Novitzky, the constant tests throughout a year may have been the reason why Jones was given clearance to fight, despite rendering a positive drug test for trace amounts of Turinabol.

“One thing that obviously protected Jon a lot, in this case, was the frequency of testing,” he explained. “If you look at his numbers, these were instances that they collected samples but in many of these cases, they did multiple tests on him.

“In reality, Jon was one of the most tested, if not the most tested athlete over these last six months when you look at the total amount of tests. One thing that protected him was that volume of testing.”

The recent Jones debacle had forced the UFC to move UFC 232 from Las Vegas, Nevada to The Forum in Inglewood, California in just a week’s notice. The card will take place as originally planned, on Saturday, December 29th.

Read the whole story
TheUnchosenOne
20 days ago
reply
It's going to get worse and it's probably not going to get better
Madison, WI
Share this story
Delete
Next Page of Stories